Thursday, October 2, 2008

Song of Adam


*Here is a song I wrote. See if you guys can find some reference to fairy tale's in it. If so, that's awesome! I didn't write it with any in mind, but rather the story of Adam and Eve. I just thought I would put it up on here because this seems like a fine place to put such things on. Hope you find it relevant and also that you like it!
SONG OF ADAM

When I was young,
Young as the earth,
From the dirt I came,
The stars foretold my birth,

When the sun came out,
I'd laugh and shout,
Running through the waving fields.

When I tilled the ground,
My plow undressed the soil,
From the center of my plot,
A tree grew from my toil,

I'd rest in its shade,
Sing and pray,
And pick thistles from my white shirt-sleeve.

When I got drunk,
Red grapes plucked from the vine,
I accused my God,
My blood was thick with wine,

All the jealous angel scarecrows,
Green-eyed and wide,
Would sway in the breeze and cry.

When I felt alone,
Alone in all this world,
From my flesh she came,
From my bones she uncurled,

When the leaves shone though,
The leaves on the trees,
I saw her hair floating in the breeze.

The angels sang...

When the salty-sweat,
rolled between her breasts,
I felt that living drum resounding in my chest.

When the voice of God,
Bellowed in my ear,
All I could hear was when she said her name was Eve.

No comments: